FORUMS

Forum Home > INSPIRATION AND COMMENTS > How do I change my life?

wellness2soulpurpose

This question will let you search your heart and soul....it acknowledges that the answer  you seek lies within you.

This is a BIG question and it takes courage to make lifestyle changes when we have lived a certain way for so long.

ACTION is the foundation for lifestyle change and by reading this topic , you are demonstrating the first steps towards changing your life.

January 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wellness2soulpurpose

wellness2soulpurpose at September 7, 2010 at 11:48 PM

HOW DO I CHANGE MY LIFE SERIES  

It’s not an easy question. There are so many changes I’ve gone through, from lowering my blood pressure to simplifying my life. and much more. And they’ve all seemed life-changing, and they’ve all seemed important.

But if I were to start again, I would reinforce my positive thoughts and a book to help you...

{The 21 day consciousness cleanse by Debbie Ford } you got to figure out what works for you.

I’ve found failures to be just as important as successes when trying to learn how to improve, especially when it comes to changing habits. It’s not an easy task, and I’m sure every one of us has tried to quit something and failed, or tried to do something positive and failed. The key, of course, is to not just give up after failure, but to reset your resolve, to analyze what went wrong and why, and to plan to overcome those obstacles the next time

Do a thirty day challenge to keep you focus.

Journal everything your journey, along with your motivations, obstacles, and strategies for overcoming them.

Commit  and be accountable.Leave your comments and your progress.

Get  a good support system.

Reward every little success.

If you fail, figure out what went wrong, plan for it, and try again.

Good LUCK until next time.............

You should be on your way for the last few weeks getting your thought processes to automatically ward of those negative thoughs and have your positive thoughts in place. This in turn leads to better success with other positive changes.

Exercise your life changing habit you need to work on for the next couple of weeks. It makes you feel better about yourself and more confident. it reinforces the positive thinking habit...you need to think positive to sustain exercise.

It relieves stress and gives you time to think....this leads to better mental well-being in your life overrall. My best brainstorming and ideas come from when I am out walking. Start slowly 10 minutes of some form of exercise and builds on it...not only in the long run you will see awesome results...you may even lower your blood pressure....there are so many health benefits to exercise....so everyone let' s start on our journey today.

If you are seriously considering working with a coach please feel free to contact me. I would love to talk with you to figure out what you can achieve through coaching and answer any questions you might have that you can decide if this is right for you. 803 800 2160

--
September 22, 2010 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shellyann Taylor
Site Owner

I hope everyone is holding on to their goals and dreams. A big part of this series how do I change my life is committment.

{the act of committing. 2. the state of being committed. 3. the act of committing, pledging, or engaging oneself. 4. a pledge or promise;obligation.

So take the first step, take a moment to think about your daily routines and identify some of your habits and behaviorsthat create problems for your self image. Make a list of your badhabits or even the pressures that force you into those habits. Thiswill help you identify which areas of your lifestyle need to change.

Every thing in your life affects you only in the way that you choose to let it affect you.

Resolve to Change and Commit: Once you acknowledge that you have the power to be proactive and improve your lifestyle, you have to commit to changing yourself.The best way to create a moral foundation for your new lifestyle is to write down your goals and your commitments.

I resolve to make my health, fitness, and happiness my firstpriorities, above my school work, above my career, and above my social life.

Live without constant positive reinforcement from genuinely supportive friends and family; it will not always be there when you need it, so learn to stay motivated without it..

Ignore negative or discouraging thoughts, comments, and remarks; people who tell you that you can't do something are wrong and should be ignored. If you succumb to negative influence and lose yourmotivation then you will never be able to achieve the lifestyle changes you want.

By no means should you ignore your friends or family, but you need to remember that what you want and what you think matters more than what anyone else thinks of you. YOU are the only one who has the power to change yourself. You have to motivate yourself to stay involved.

Please write your comments.

If you are seriously considering working with a coach please feel free to contact me. I would love to talk with you to figure out what you can achieve through coaching and answer any questions you might have that you can decide if this is right for you. 803 800 2160

December 1, 2010 at 2:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shellyann Taylor
Site Owner

Follow your dreams  

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  Harriet Tubman

We all had some crazy ideas and dreams when we were kids. When people asked - "What do you want to do when you grow up?" you didn't say "I want to play safe and be an executive for a fortune 100 company" or "I want to work for the government for the job security"? You wanted to do something that excited you, that you were passionate about - "Doctor, scientist, sports, music, dance,nurse" etc. You didn't even think if that would get you enough money. You just wanted to do it. 

So why is it that as we grow up we lose all the passion, the energy, the will and the strength to keep our dreams alive. Why does money dictate our passion or in most cases, kill it? Why do we let "safety of a paycheck" screw our dreams? Why do we stop thinking about what we love? 

We are so seduced by the thought of a guaranteed paycheck every month that we completely ignore the fact that it's actually never too late to pursue our dreams. The reason as I can understand is probably "fear of failure". We fear we might fail and that fear leads us to cook up stories about why you can't have what you want. stories like "I don't have time, I have family, I'll do it when I have more money etc". Stories that convince us that it's ok not to follow up on our dreams, that it's ok not to do what you love, that it's ok to just keep doing the everyday drill. 

Like Tony Robbins put it - "The only thing that's keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself about why you can't have it"

What are we waiting for? A perfect day when all stars would line up in just the right direction and you would be guaranteed success? It never works that way. That moment of glory never arrives. All circumstances will almost never be in your favor. There will always be something that would be challenging. You just have to bite the bullet and take the plunge. . 

May be it's just us. May be we are weird. May be we are foolish, but we would rather be foolish and strive to live our dream than come up with some stories. True success is not money driven, it's driven by love and passion. You've got to love what you are doing and you've got to be passionate about it. 

Failing is not scary. What's scary is that you are 60 and reflecting back on your life "May be I should've given my dreams a chance, may be I would've succeeded, may be I would've lived my dream" But now it's too late. You might have missed the boat.

Don't be scared to follow your dreams. That's the worst thing you can do to yourself. 

Follow your dreams..... like Yolanda Adams sings...never give up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXN0KXBunI

March 18, 2011 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shellyann Taylor
Site Owner

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS.....IT IS GREATLY APPECIATED

November 20, 2011 at 4:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.